Hi, I’m Rachel Stephan Simko — “Chelly Simko” for short. (Pronounced “Shelly,” but feel free to call me “Chelly” with the hard “Ch” sound if ya like.)
I’m glad you came to visit. As the header promises, I am indeed a writer, editor, marketer, and (huzzah!) mom.
I have a varied work background (theatre to education to marketing) and random interests (Shakespeare to dinosaurs to boot camp), so we’re bound to find something in common.
Specifically, here are some things you might want to know about me and what I do.
I write many-a-thing, including:
- Web Copy
- Blog Posts
- Press Releases
- Case Studies
- White Papers
- Informative Articles
- Book Proposals
- Book & Blog Reviews
- Lesson Plans
- Course Curriculum
I am also a skilled ghostwriter and can match your voice (promise!).
“Editor” could be interpreted various ways.
This is what I do:
- Edit for grammatical correctness, voice, coherency, tone, overall flow, etc.
- Coalesce information from various media & locations into coherent, narrative form.
- Take someone’s ideas and write a narrative that sounds like THEIR voice (and not my own!).
- Suggest changes to existing content and coach someone through making those changes (or just change them for you).
- Catch details that are often overlooked.
I have an insatiable love for marketing strategy. It’s like this unclaimed art form in the guise of analytics, production, and goals. I. Love. It.
Here are some of my favorite marketing things to do:
- SEO to drive web traffic.
- Content, content, content!
- Defining, sharpening, and effectively communicating value propositions company-wide.
- Inbound & outbound marketing strategies.
- Unlocking the “new thing” in lead generation.
- Coming up with a game plan.
- Meeting goals!! Oh how I LOVE meeting those goals! *happy dance*
Being a mom is a 24/7 job that I absolutely love. I currently have 2 girls — a toddler and an infant.
In case you don’t know, here’s what being a mom entails:
- Lots of dancing and moving and running and catch-before-they-fall-ing.
- Tutus, tiaras, shoes, handbags, princesses, ballerinas, baby dolls (in my case).
- Juggling work and babies (my infant is sometimes my coworker when I’m telecommuting).
- Translating toddler talk and baby garble.
- Serving as in-house doctor, cleaning lady, dishwasher, cook, laundry-doer, and teacher.
- Singing and reading.
Don’t forget to stop in on the blog and comment before you head out.
And – as always – feel free to contact me at any point:
chellysimko (at) gmail (dot) com